Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It's August Already - How Did That Happen?

I can't believe that it's almost the middle of August - where has the year gone?  Since it is August already, I'm wa-a-a-a-y behind my schedule for making at least one card a week with a new Cricut cartridge.  Oh well - maybe I"ll catch up by the end of the year.

I have been making some cards and I have five to show you. The first one is a Cricut cut.  The cut is from the Campin' Critters cartridge.  I just love the cute little animals on this cartridge - but I'm not a camper, so I don't use it much.

Campin' Critters, Cuttlebug, Ranger Distress Ink
I'm a big Charlie Brown fan - and I have a lot of the character stamps.  Since baseball is a summer sport (well - spring, summer and fall) - I used the Charlie Brown and Lucy stamps for this card.  The baseball is an Epithany bubble cap over a small circle cut.  I used a Xyron Design Runner to stamp the sentiment on the ribbon but I think the Chevron design on the ribbon wasn't a good match for the Design Runner.  Oh well - now I know.

Stampabilities stamps, Epithany Craft, Copics, ribbon
I used clip art from my Microsoft Word program for the wheelbarrow full of roses.  I added some glitter with the Sakura Stardust glitter pen, a border, some ribbon and it was done.  I was amazed at how quickly this one went together!
Clip art, ribbon, glitter pen, ek border punch
Do you ever have an accident with a card when it's almost done and you have to scrap it?  That's the story behind this next card.  I stamped this on a white pearl paper because I thought that it would give the finished stamp a bit of a glimmer - and it did.  However, while coloring the poppies with my Copics, I must have gotten a bit of the orange on my hand and then transferred the orange to the white background!  Since I hate to throw anything away  that might be useful later, I cut the flowers and mounted them on the background paper.  The sentiment is stamped directly on the paper and embossed with white embossing powder.  It didn't turn out to badly - what do you think?
Copics, white embossing, Stickles





And  last is a birthday card with a House Mouse stamp.  The candle border is an ek punch and the ribbon border is a Stampin' Up punch.  This one is colored with Copics also.
House Mouse stamp, ek border punch, Stampin' Up border punch, Copics
I hope you enjoyed my new cards.  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment