Saturday, July 7, 2012

Time Flies when you go back to work

I'm not sure how the year has gotten away from me but I think going back to work part-time has something to do with it.  I had such great plans to make a minimum of 3 cards a week and use all of my Cricut cartridges but somehow I seem to be very, very behind.  How can a loss of 5 daylight hours 4 days a week make such an impact on my spare time?

I did get busy this week and made 3 card - plus one last week - so I  have 4 new cards to show you.

The first is a birthday card for a friend who just celebrated his 90th birthday.  The cut is from Art Philosophy but the bow is a freebie from SVGCuts.com.  (Who says Cricut and Eclips can't get along!)

Art Philosophy, Cricut, SVG Cuts-bow, Eclips






Friday's email from The Paper Boutique mentioned a tutorial  by Linda Kaiser (of The Paper Boutique) on the Iris Fold Technique that was spotlighted on the Fantabulous Cricut blog.  It looked like fun so it inspired me to make this card.  Check out both blogs if you haven't seen them before.  Both are great.  The cupcake is from the Cricut cartridge, Sweet Treats.  The embossing is a Cuttlebug folder.  The "Happy Birthday"  is an embellishment I had for sometime - I have no idea where it came from.

Yummy, Cuttlebug,

I really like  SVGCuts and I bought the Breezy Backyard Lever Cards collection a while back but never used it.  I decided to make their "Cool Fan" card from this collection.  For this card, I used my new Eclips (have I mentioned that I love the way it cuts?).  Also, if you've never used any of SVGCuts svg's, you're missing out on some great designs.  Not only are they reasonable in price, they cut beautifully.  And several times a week, they have a free cut on their website.  While this card looks like it was time consuming, it went together in a breeze! (no pun intended)

Breezy Backyard Lever Cards, Cool Fan, SVGCuts


And since I started with a birthday card, I'm going to end with a birthday card.  This card is for a friend of mine in Colorado Springs who will be celebrating her birthday next week.  We have been friends since first grade - which is just a few years ago - or so it seems.  The label is from Art Philosophy and the stamp is from the Girlfriends collection by Art Impressions.  The coloring was done with Copics.

Art Philosophy, Art Impressions stamp, Copics



Tomorrow starts a new week so everyone have a good week and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment