Sunday, May 20, 2012

Where has May gone?

Here it is the middle of May and I have hardly posted any cards at all.  To be honest, making cards has kind of gotten away from me.  This month has been a busy month with birthdays and mother's day along with our anniversary.  On May 12, we celebrated my beloved Aunt Mary's 80th birthday with a surprise party.  I put together a scrapbook for her of pictures ranging from her at about age 2 through the current day, including pictures of my cousins as children.  As a child, I was always running around with a camera, so I had pictures - I just had to find them!  This took a couple of weeks to finish but I managed to get it done.  What I didn't manage to do was to remember to take pictures of the scrapbook layouts so when I visit my Aunt again I will take pictures and post some of the pages.

I did manage to remember to take a picture of my Mom's Mother's Day card.  I saw this on Split Coast Stampers and just had to make one.  If you're not familiar with them, they are a fantastic resource for paper crafts.  (www.splitcoaststampers.com)  Check them out.  My Mom loved it!  The flowers lift out of the pot and the message is on the tab that inserts into the pot.

Here is my Mom's card;
Flower Shoppe, Stickles, Stamp



Right after Mother's Day is my wonderful hubby's birthday.   Here is his birthday card.   I'm also entering this in the Papercraft Planet 3-d Challenge!  This is a double z-fold card.

Kenny K digital stamp, Copics, Spellbinders, double z-fold card

And last, I'm entering one more challenge.  Just A Scrappin" is holding an "Oldie but Goodie" Cricut cartridge challenge.  You need to use an old cartridge (that you absolutely needed but seldom use!) and make a masculine/little boy card.  My choice is the Buccaneer cartridge.  I think it's so cute but I haven't had any occasion to use it.  I've made only one card - this one:
Buccaneer
Have a good week everyone!  Take time out to be good to yourself!



2 comments:

  1. What fun cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Just-a-scrappin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all three of your cards, Sandy! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Just a Scrappin!

    ReplyDelete